JUSTICEAID CELEBRATES NINA SIMONE
Monday, May 22, 2023, 6:30 PM, at City Winery, NYC
As an organization at the nexus of justice and the arts JusticeAid fittingly salutes Nina Simone on May 22nd at our Spring Concert. 100% of ticket sales and sponsorships will provide unrestricted funds for JusticeAid’s grantee partner, Black Voters Matter (BVM).
WHY SUPPORT BLACK VOTERS MATTER?
In just a few short weeks, BVM has been to:
- TENNESSEE… to advocate for the reinstatement of Reps Pearson and Jones. Justice served!
- ALABAMA… at a public hearing with the ACLU to oppose HB209, a bill that would restrict who can assist people with disabilities in casting their ballots in the state.
- FLORIDA… partnering with the Dream Defenders on voting rights, Medicaid expansion, education, and other issues impacting communities in Florida.
- TEXAS… mobilizing college and high school students on key voting issues amid a turbulent state legislative session–just one of many stops on their Take the Field initiative.
- WISCONSIN… in coalition with other Black leaders to help ensure that voters understood the issues and candidates’ stances in advance of the pivotal election for Wisconsin’s state supreme court.
American singer, guitarist, and actor Corey Glover is most famous as the frontman of the Grammy Award-winning rock band, Living Colour, but he is also a multi-disciplinary artist. He seemingly does it all. He starred on Broadway in Jesus Christ Superstar, played a dramatic role in Platoon, performed at the 29th Kennedy Center Honors, and formed a metal project, Disciples of Verity. Listen to “Fire to the Gods.”
Also performing: LISA FISCHER, JENNIFER HARTSWICK, JAZZMEIA HORN, SHENEL JOHNS, ALICIA OLATUJA, SCOTT SHARRARD, VUYO SOTASHE, AND BRIANNA THOMAS.
WE’RE ON THE GROUND WITH BLACK VOTERS MATTER!
We hope you’ll join us in NYC and help spread the word! Bring a friend or come solo; the evening promises to be a moving testament to the power of music for justice. Black Voters Matter, our 2023 grantee partner, needs your support to fuel their work fighting voter suppression.
If you can’t attend, will you consider a contribution of $250 as a Justice Ally Sponsor? If your gift is received before May 1, we’ll include your name in the program for the evening. Many thanks!
Please spread the word and bring your friends. If you are unable to come to the concert, please consider a contribution of $250 as a Justice Ally Sponsor. If your gift is received before May 1, we’ll include your name in the program for the evening.
PS: We have a new shipment of swag. Get that JusticeAid look… SHOP
JusticeAid is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity. Our mission is to leverage the community-building power of art and music to transform awareness into action in the fight against injustice. Since 2013 JusticeAid has granted over two million dollars to nonprofits that are protecting civil rights for all. Throughout 2023 JusticeAid is raising money for Black Voters Matter (BVM).